Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rocky Mountain High



My work has an employee social association, so tomorrow, Tuesday, they are having a skiing and tubing night.  I was never "allowed" on ski's as a child because I was an accident waiting to happen.  I have broken more bones than I can remember, just from doing regular kid stuff like walking, being at a school event, walking.  You can see why my parents would be worried about hurling myself down a mountain on a set of 2 by 4's.  



Now that I am a grown up, I have earned the right to decide all by myself, that sliding down mountain on an inner tube is an AWESOME IDEA!  I  have never been on a chair lift before, and to tell you the truth I am pretty scared, not of being on the chair lift itself, but it's more of the possibility  falling off of the chair that scares the crap out of me. 




How am I going to face my feardom?  I'm gonna jump on for dear life holding onto my ginormous tube,  oh and I will have a guest with me too!  It has already been decided that for the first run I will be with Brady.  My 4ft little squirrel will be sitting beside me, how wonderful. 
So not only do I have to keep  myself from falling, hold on to my tube, I will have Brady and his tube too.  He can't sit/be still even when he is asleep.  I don't know how I am going get him  to stay still during our ride up the mountain.  A chair lift is basically on a lawn chair on a string you do realize that right!  I hope it can support my weight, I hope it's lubed up so it sound like its screaming while I'm riding on it.  I hate making machines scream on account of my hugeness.  I've got my work cut out for me.  I'm nervous already........this can't end bad right?



No comments: