Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Measuring up

Through out my almost 20 years of chubbiness, I have tried me many of diets.  Weight Watchers was a success for me, until it wasn't.  I am a life time member, do you know what that means.  It means that at one point in time I lost 50 pounds to reach a goal weight of 150 pounds.  That was 15 years ago.  I re-joined about 6 times hoping to reach my goal weight again, it never happened.


I have a bunch of weight loss books, a library if you will, The South Beach Diet, The Zone, Dr. Phil, The Biggest Loser and even one specifically related to PCOS (I can't remember the name because I am STILL sleep deprived).   Multiple diet and exercise magazines as well.  I have spent several hours researching on the internets searching for the cure all for weight loss, it's totally not in there FYI, because I would have found it.  I never did try any of those Cabbage Soup, Lemonade, Hollywood, or the Tapeworm diet.  Who in their right mind would knowingly ingest a tapeworm and let it live inside their intestines so they could lose a few pounds?   I would imagine you could feel that little fucker moving inside you ......just the thought makes me ill.  When I was pregnant and felt my boys moving around it was fun for like the first 10 minutes then it was like get this alien out of me!

I also tried this really expensive protein diet that totally constipated me.  Like for 2 months I barely pooped.  All that I could muster out was little turd nuggets for 4 months straight not a good time, even though I lost 15 pounds.  I gave that diet  up after about 5 months of torturous pain.


Now I just stick to the basics.   I eat a whole grain, low carb, high protein diet with lots of fruits and veggies. Oh and of course I get my 8 glasses of water in.  And I add exercise into the mix as well.  All of which hasn't been working so well for me because having PCOS means I am insulin resistant.  I heart you PCOS!