Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 21, 2011

Mr. Wonderful

November 2010

It's been about 6 weeks now since the trauma of creepy ponytail tech and the 22 vials of blood.  I have my follow up appointments with Viv and Kelly.  I hadn't heard from Dr. Young,  I actually was relieved because he was kind of a douche the last time I talked to him and I didn't really want to hear what that voice sounded like coming out of my phone.  So, I get to the office and little Anna is at the desk ( she is a 4ft nothing, Italian girl who doesn't take any ones crap!) she asked how things were going and I mistakenly  mentioned that I had not heard from Dr. Young in the 2 weeks as promised.  Anna being so fricken efficient was all like " lets see, how about you see him for a few minutes before you go in with Kelly."  My heart sank, REALLY, do I really have to see Mr. Wonderful today.  Thank you Anna! (note the sarcasm)  I was having such a good day before I came in, now my ass is sweating  I am so nervous I can feel the sweat dripping down my thighs. ( Yes I am an ass sweater when I get nervous) 





Omg, I go into Dr. Youngs office and he was actually smiling, and nice to me wtf.  He didn't make me feel like crap today.  He was all like proud of what I had accomplished in the past  6 weeks and he even said something that was life changing....... He asked me "how many calories does it take to burn a pound"  I am not a math wizard, I had no idea so my inner blond said "300?".  He was like try 3500!  We had been talking about how I often quit exercising because I feel like I am getting no where.  Then he asked "how long did I figure it would take to exercise to burn that many calories.  Again not being a mathematician, I plead stupidity and just said I didn't know.  So basically I'd have to ride a bike for like 15 hours, or jog for like 7 to 9 hours and so on.  I was amazed.  No wonder why my 2o minutes of cardio doesn't do much.  At least now I know the physics of it and how adjusting what I eat as well as my work outs will help some pounds fall off pre-op.

No comments: