Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 24, 2011

better left untold?

January 2011

So now that I have a date for the endoscopy, I decided that I should probably start to tell more of the people in my life my secret.  I had to ask my daddy to drive me, so I thought it was a perfect opener.  How do you just come out and say hey daddy I am getting my guts removed.  Hallmark doesn't have a greeting card for that.  He took the news WAY better than I thought, he was super supportive and said he'd even help me with workouts post-op.  He has the chubb too, more of a beer gut though than a chubby like me.

My brother, OMG he was funny!  He is the type of guy that once he "hears" something or "reads"  something it is his truth.  He got all big bro on me and let me know how worried he was about it and me, but that I should still go ahead with it if it was what I really wanted.  Thanks bro, will do!



This is what I said to extended family and close friends via the Facebook:


Hey
I am not sure if you know this or not, but I am about to change my life. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have the chub. And reason I have the chub is because I was abused by a babysitter when I was 6 years old. ( he was a family friend) Long story short, I confronted him, feeling better inside now I need to change my outside.
I am going to have Gastric Bypass surgery. It has been 2 years in the making, it is not something that we have decided on lightly. It will affect the rest of my life and my families life. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and am looking forward to a long healthy life.
I am telling people that I love and care about, if have any questions please ask.

Love Jen


I had nothing but positive responses, it was amazing to know how much people to care about me and my chubb.