Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 17, 2011

King of the castle

Mr. Stephen King is one effed up individual.  I often wonder what goes on in a mind like his.  He writes some of the most amazing/horrific books and movies of all time. 

Have you seen the trailer for that new movie Super 8?  (not a Stephen King movie, but was the essence of my post.) It looks right messed up!


Mr. King is the one that made us all afraid of clowns because of the movie It. 
Carrie made us scared of getting your period at school,  going to prom and bullying. High school is scary enough without a King twist to it. 
Cujo made us all afraid of big dogs.  Christine made us afraid of cars and the dorks who restore them. 
Mr. King also made some feel good movies like Pet Cemetery, Stand by Me, The Shawshank Redemption and Firestarter.
  


The Green Mile was one of my favorites it wasn't so scary or disturbing as his other films/books.  I remember being in the theater, it was so quiet except for this one woman that was 2 rows back doing the ugly cry.  I was crying too, but this woman was doing the boo hoo out loud cry and didn't care who heard her.  I watched it a second time after staying up all night and cried like a little baby and then blamed Jeremy for "letting" me do it because I am not high maintenance at all.
  


The Shining gave us yet one more reason to be afraid of that one hotel in the middle of the woods.  I mean who in their right mind thinks to themselves hmmmmm, what's a good business plan?  Yes, lets build here, miles away from civilization on the road to nowhere, yes this is the perfect place.  Jack Nicholson has always creeped me and so has The Tonight Show for that matter.
I wouldn't want to get caught in a blizzard, roll my car, and be taken to a cabin in the woods by an obsessed fan after watching Misery.
I can't drive past a corn field without wondering if those little kids are in there, I'm sure they're in there somewhere!

Another effed up individual is that M. Night Shyamalan don't even get me started on his movies!

No comments: