Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Under the Microscope

Being a bariatic patient means that for the rest of your life you'll be put under a microscope.  "Jen, how much weight have you lost"  Oh I have lost 59 pounds so far "OMG Jen thats waaaaaaay too much" OR "Hmmm, I thought it would be more"    really because, I thought that you wouldn't be so ugly up close.  Another one of my favorite questions is "are you ALLOWED to eat that" or "do you eat real food" yeah I am, dumb ass, if I am putting it in my mouth, I am "allowed" to eat it, are you really allowed to walk around without a helmet?


Those are just a few of the idiotic things stupid people say to me on a regular basis.  I am also being compared to like all the other people on earth that have ever had bariatric surgery.  " Well my cousin Timmy had the surgery and he can't eat lettuce, how come you can?"  or "you better be careful because my Great Aunt Rhoda gained back all of her weight because this surgery DOESN'T WORK"  I'm sorry to say, but I am not Timmy, nor am I Rhoda, and the surgery does work if follow the guidelines and make lifestyle changes to support your new pouch. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this.